Sat, Sept 24
Noon - 3pm
Picnic at the Peck
Sheldon Peck Homestead
Join us on the front lawn of the Sheldon Peck Homestead between 12 and 3pm, rain or shine. This free event will include seasonal games, live music, pioneer activities, and hot dogs and s'mores over the fire.
Free, Registration requested - Register here
Easy Way to Support LHS
When you order from Amazon Smile, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Lombard Historical Society! A simple way to give back to LHS without costing you a penny.
Just follow the link to Amazon Smile, specify Lombard Historical Society, and begin supporting LHS!
Carriage House Capital Campaign
Why did we expand the Carriage House?
- The Society received a $70,000 grant provided construction was completed in 2012. We met that goal on time!
- To bring this village-owned property into ADA-compliance
- To enhance our ability to tell Lombard’s stories through exciting and interactive exhibits
- To add the capacity to host classrooms of students, and to offer expanded tours
Why did the Village of Lombard give money to this project?
- Capital improvement of a village-owned property (sidewalks, sewer/water, and fire/burglar protection)
- The village has maintained the carriage house since 1980 when it was placed on the Maple Street property
- The Village also loaned money to the Historical Society..
I love Lombard! How can I donate to this project?
- Thank you! Visit our donation page for details.
- We are looking for $17,000 more to fulfill the loan.