(click poster for larger view)
Visit our temporary exhibit at the Carriage House on Weds, Fri, and Sundays 1-4pm. Read about and view artifacts from Lombard's many talented residents.
Carriage House Capital Campaign
Why did we expand the Carriage House?
- The Society received a $70,000 grant provided construction was completed in 2012. We met that goal on time!
- To bring this village-owned property into ADA-compliance
- To enhance our ability to tell Lombard’s stories through exciting and interactive exhibits
- To add the capacity to host classrooms of students, and to offer expanded tours
Why did the Village of Lombard give money to this project?
- Capital improvement of a village-owned property (sidewalks, sewer/water, and fire/burglar protection)
- The village has maintained the carriage house since 1980 when it was placed on the Maple Street property
- The Village also loaned money to the Historical Society to be repaid by 2015.
I love Lombard! How can I donate to this project?
- Thank you! Visit our donation page for details.
- We need $35,000 more to complete the project.